August 5, 2019
Minors Traveling Abroad out of Mexico?
If you want to avoid hassles, consider checking-out the Mex. Govt’s … “Formato SAM” … ~before~ going to the airport. You can fill it out on-line first … and then take it to INM ~before~ travel, for easy INM approval … to avoid airport INM hassles or missed flights.

“Formato SAM” … permission for minor children to travel out of Mexico when 1 or both parents are not present.  This site gives general instructions.

This additional website has the actual “Formato SAM” to fill out and take to INM:

To avoid setbacks, we recommend you go to the nearest INM office, 
before travel, or to the internment and departure points abroad 
(airports, sea and land ports) with the SAM form (Formato SAM) 
duly filled out, plus the following documentation:

Original and 3 copies of the child's Passport
3 copies of the child's birth certificate
3 copies of the current identification 
of the person exercising parental authority or guardianship of the minor.
 3 copies of the valid identification of the minor's companion 
(in case you travel with a third party of legal age)

*     *     *    *

Feel free to copy while giving proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
© Steven M. Fry

Read-on MacDuff . . .

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.