Sept. 24, 2020 UPDATE
Our US Consul in Merida has announced that the US Consulate is accepting our ballots, in fully-stamped, addressed envelopes between 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM of any work day.
Notice that the US Consulate now says we should get the ballots to them
~ BEFORE OCTOBER 1’st ~
plus she includes information for any US citizen on how to get a ballot for just their Federal Elections, to send back to their County clerk’s office.
1. Register to Vote .. or Confirm your registration with your state.
Go to http://www.FVAP.gov to connect to your state’s website to vote.
2. Request your ballot from your County Clerk … Do this right away.
You may also complete a post-card application that allows you to request an absentee ballot for all federal elections for your voting district.
3. Receive and complete your ballot. States are required to send out ballots 45 days in advance of the election.
4. Return your completed, signed ballot. … You may be able to do this electronically, if permitted by your County Clerk’s office.
5. You can drop your ballot off at your US Consulate:
The US Consulate in Merida is accepting our ballots, in fully-stamped, addressed envelopes between 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM of any work day – in a drop box at the door of the Consulate.
Finally, Yucalandia recommends that you drop off your ballot at the US Consulate get the ballots to them ~ BEFORE OCTOBER 1’st ~ … to be delivered to your County Clerk’s office in time.
Read on, MacDuff ..