February 12, 2021
Our Mexican Government has announced that they will begin vaccinating elderly people next week.
For this reason … if you signed up to get the COVID vaccine, it may be time to TURN-OFF any “call-blocking” features you have on your phone.**
I got called today from an (871) Coahuila area code, asking me several questions about my interest in being vaccinated against COVID. They asked if:
1. The person receiving the call is the specific name & phone number you used to sign up for the COVID vaccine.
2. Do you still want the vaccine?
3. Do you want to be scheduled for an appointment to get vaccinated, and would like to be called when it’s time to go get vaccinated?
I was called today about this from an (871) area code (Coahuila)** – and one other person from PV has reported being called.
THIS IS IMPORTANT .. because many gringos block phone calls from unknown phone numbers, so, it might be time to turn OFF call blocking options on your phone ?? Also note, that the govt. employee calling me was very rushed, and spoke incredibly fast. …
If you are unsure, we suggest that you be prepared to ask the person calling you several simple clarifying questions:
” ¿Me preguntas si me gustaría vacunarme? “
” ¿Me preguntas si quiero una cita? “
The govt employee responded:
” Sí, ¿quieres que te llamemos para programar una cita? “
“ Claro que si, yo quiero que tu re-llamarme con mi cita para mi vacunación. … Gracias ! “
**Sidelight #1: Do most people reading this have call blocking activated on their phone (to block telemarketing calls)? and … Whom else out there is receiving this kind of call?
**Sidelight #2: If you cannot handle Spanish, you can ask the Govt. employee to contact you by your WhatsApp number – and you can use the “translate” function to communicate with them. 😉
Let’s hope that this signals a good start to Mexico’s COVID vaccination program !!
Stay Safe, … Stay Healthy … Stay Informed,
Dr. Steven M. Fry
Ph.D. in Chemistry, Public Health, Measurement Science, & Aerosol Science
INTERESTED in OTHER COVID VACCINE INFORMATION? … See this scientific report:
INTERESTED in SIGNING UP to Get Vaccinated in Mexico? … See this report:
INTERESTED in Scientifically PROVEN WAYS TO STAY PROTECTED from COVID?
- Auto Parts Terminology: Spanish-English / English-Spanish - The Article
- 1 What Can I Bring into Mexico: Mexican Customs Rules - The Article
- Telephone ~ Phone Calls To, From & Within Mexico: Dialing Made Easy
- Labor Law for Household Employees in Mexico - What must we pay? What should we be doing?
- It's Time to Pay Property Taxes in Yucatan
- Official Mexican Government Website for Checking License Plates
- " Give me my Ticket . . . Please "
- How to Move Money from the USA to Mexico: Checks, Wire Transfers, ATMs
- January 2022 COVID Update for Yucatan
- Unexpected Effects of Having a Trailer with Your Car's Temporary Import Permit (TIP)
Abstracts of Articles
- January 2022 COVID Update for Yucatan
- Yucatan COVID Updates for the 2022 New Year
- Omicron COVID Updates
- USA’s New COVID Policies for People Flying Into the USA from Foreign Countries
- New Certified CURP Document for Mexico
- Foreigners Must Carry Their INM Visas When Travelling Inside Mexico
- USA Passport Renewal by Mail in Mexico
- COVID Risks Higher for Young Vaccinated People than for Older Vaccinated People
- Super Immunity to All Forms of COVID from Hybrid Vaccination Approach
- Getting a Copy of Proof of Vaccination in Mexico
- Proofs of Why COVID Vaccinated People Still Need to Keep Wearing Masks & Socially Distancing
- The Best COVID News in Over a Year
- Air Conditioning Maintenance for These Hot Hot Times – A DIY Job?
- How Long and How Strong Do Our Immune System Protections Last after a COVID Vaccination or COVID Infection
- June 20, 2021 Troubling COVID Updates for Yucatan State and How to Stay Safe
- What’s it all about … Alfie ?
- COVID Testing & COVID Vaccine Updates:
- COVID Vaccination Plan for Merida – Over Age 59 Residents
- How COVID-19 Vaccines Work & How the Vaccines Differ so Widely from Each Other
- Mexico Starts Program for Vaccinating Elderly People
- CDC Reports Delaying Second Dose of COVID Vaccines Up to 42 Days
- COVID Vaccine Updates & Answers to Questions
- USA Requires a Negative COVID Viral Test Result after Jan. 26, 2021 – List of Approved Merida Labs
- Mexican Government Website to Register to Get the COVID Vaccine
- COVID Vaccine Availablity in Mexico
Groups of Articles