February 12, 2021
Our Mexican Government has announced that they will begin vaccinating elderly people next week.
For this reason … if you signed up to get the COVID vaccine, it may be time to TURN-OFF any “call-blocking” features you have on your phone.**
I got called today from an (871) Coahuila area code, asking me several questions about my interest in being vaccinated against COVID. They asked if:
1. The person receiving the call is the specific name & phone number you used to sign up for the COVID vaccine.
2. Do you still want the vaccine?
3. Do you want to be scheduled for an appointment to get vaccinated, and would like to be called when it’s time to go get vaccinated?
I was called today about this from an (871) area code (Coahuila)** – and one other person from PV has reported being called.
THIS IS IMPORTANT .. because many gringos block phone calls from unknown phone numbers, so, it might be time to turn OFF call blocking options on your phone ?? Also note, that the govt. employee calling me was very rushed, and spoke incredibly fast. …
If you are unsure, we suggest that you be prepared to ask the person calling you several simple clarifying questions:
” ¿Me preguntas si me gustaría vacunarme? “
” ¿Me preguntas si quiero una cita? “
The govt employee responded:
” Sí, ¿quieres que te llamemos para programar una cita? “
“ Claro que si, yo quiero que tu re-llamarme con mi cita para mi vacunación. … Gracias ! “
**Sidelight #1: Do most people reading this have call blocking activated on their phone (to block telemarketing calls)? and … Whom else out there is receiving this kind of call?
**Sidelight #2: If you cannot handle Spanish, you can ask the Govt. employee to contact you by your WhatsApp number – and you can use the “translate” function to communicate with them. 😉
Let’s hope that this signals a good start to Mexico’s COVID vaccination program !!
Stay Safe, … Stay Healthy … Stay Informed,
Dr. Steven M. Fry
Ph.D. in Chemistry, Public Health, Measurement Science, & Aerosol Science
INTERESTED in OTHER COVID VACCINE INFORMATION? … See this scientific report:
INTERESTED in SIGNING UP to Get Vaccinated in Mexico? … See this report:
INTERESTED in Scientifically PROVEN WAYS TO STAY PROTECTED from COVID?
- Auto Parts Terminology: Spanish-English / English-Spanish - The Article
- Official Mexican Government Website for Checking License Plates
- " Give me my Ticket . . . Please "
- Mexican Citizenship Test ... No Longer with Answers
- Mexico's Three New Requirements for Mexicans over Age 18 & Foreign Residents to Register with SAT
- 1 What Can I Bring into Mexico: Mexican Customs Rules - The Article
- Drinking Water Quality in Merida and Yucatan
- Telephone ~ Phone Calls To, From & Within Mexico: Dialing Made Easy
- Tax Issues for Americans and Other Expats Living in Mexico
- Scabies - Mites - Los Ácaros - The Article
Abstracts of Articles
- COVID Updates on Vaccination, Boosting, Long COVID for Even Mild Cases, and Best COVID Treatments
- COVID Cases Spiking: Vaccines & Boosters ~ Prior COVID Infections Give Almost NO Protection from Hospitalization from the USA’s New COVID BA.5 Variant
- Yucatan’s COVID Cases Growing to Troubling Levels: Fourth Wave – Omicron BA.2+
- Sid Hollander: Yucatan’s Loss, Heaven’s Gain
- Mexico’s Three New Requirements for Mexicans over Age 18 & Foreign Residents to Register with SAT
- Yucatan’s COVID Cases Back at ‘Normal’ Levels
- Feb 27, 2022 COVID Cases Falling, Hospitalizations Down, Deaths Down
- The Truth About Us … and Where We Came From
- Mexican Income-Pension Requirements for Residente Visas
- Yucatan Opens COVID Vaccinations to All Adults
- Feb 20, 2022 COVID Update for Yucatan: COVID Cases Still High ~ but Continuing to Fall
- Want Facts? Get Better Search Engine Results Now
- Feb 6, 2022 COVID Update for Yucatan – COVID Cases Still At Record Levels
- January 2022 COVID Update for Yucatan
- Yucatan COVID Updates for the 2022 New Year
- Omicron COVID Updates
- USA’s New COVID Policies for People Flying Into the USA from Foreign Countries
- New Certified CURP Document for Mexico
- Foreigners Must Carry Their INM Visas When Travelling Inside Mexico
- USA Passport Renewal by Mail in Mexico
- COVID Risks Higher for Young Vaccinated People than for Older Vaccinated People
- Super Immunity to All Forms of COVID from Hybrid Vaccination Approach
- Getting a Copy of Proof of Vaccination in Mexico
- Proofs of Why COVID Vaccinated People Still Need to Keep Wearing Masks & Socially Distancing
- The Best COVID News in Over a Year
Groups of Articles
Join 854 other followers